Sec
Notifications
Clear all

#3 PSU takes down #2 Michigan

Lionbacker99
(@lionbacker99)
Sophomore Registered
Topic starter  

To give Cael his 200th win. PSU Freshman Carter Starocci upsets #2 Logan Massa. 

0ABF0E53 E326 4F46 82CC 5EB4A772A08C

lakerie
(@lakerie)
Sophomore Registered

Thanks for posting this backer, I thought this side of the forum was dead. How about Erie Cathedral Prep's very own Carter Starocci taking down #2 Logan Massa. This was a great win for Cael and although I don't think Michigan was a full strength, they still would have beat them. That said, Iowa is clearly the #1 team this year with ranked wrestlers in all 10 weghts. Penn State will definitely challenge them next year.

ReplyQuote

Lionbacker99
(@lionbacker99)
Sophomore Registered
Topic starter  

@lakerie

Starocci wasn’t fancy but he wrestled like a seasoned upperclassman in that match with Massa. I was happy for him. You are right, taking down Iowa this year will be a tall task, but PSU looks to have a really bright future with so many promising freshman in the lineup now and a few more studs coming in next year. 

ReplyQuote
lakerie
(@lakerie)
Sophomore Registered

Talk about coaching!! Barraclaugh (sp?) wrestled really tough in the Michigan match at 149 against #6 ranked Kanen Storr and although he lost... competed well. This is a kid who came out of Utah, not exactly a wrestling state. He was a 4 time Utah state champ but that relates to a Pennslyvania 4 time sectional champ form Pennsylvania. Cael saw something in his athletic ability, heart an head that put him in the line up. I don't know if he will ever beat Bartlett in the future but he showed me something in his loss.

ReplyQuote

Share: