Walker back too  

Been There II
(@been-there-ii)
Junior Registered

Been There II
(@been-there-ii)
Junior Registered
Topic starter  

Not sure why these gentlemen are returning if all of the, Franklin has lost the team, Franklin is leaving for (fill in the blank) and my favorite,  there's something deep, dark and sinister going on in the bowels of PSU football, narratives from earlier in the season were true. Now, if we can finally take the step to being elite....

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Been There II

lakerie and Bob Kozak liked
ReplyQuote

Bob Kozak
(@rip)
Junior Registered

That's one big step BT.

ReplyQuote
PSU61
(@psu61)
Freshman Registered

IMO the change at OC has something to do with players returning etc..

ReplyQuote

roaminglion
(@roaminglion)
Heisman Winner Registered

Posted by: @psu61

I disagree, I don't think a kid is going to turn down the NFL just because they hired a new OC that they don't know.

ReplyQuote
Southern psu fan
(@southern-psu-fan)

I’m not a draft expert but I have seen Penn State football teams with NFL talent all over the field and from what I seen last year we might have 3 or 4 guys that’s ready for the NFL. We’ve got some good college football players but that doesn’t mean they’re good enough for the NFL. Personally I think everybody should’ve come back for another year to get better because if they struggled against Maryland and Indiana I promise you they’ll struggle making a NFL roster. It doesn’t mean they won’t be good enough for the NFL I’m just saying they ain’t ready right now.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by Southern psu fan

ReplyQuote

Tsuga
(@tsuga)
Junior Registered

Posted by: @rip

That's one big step BT.

And one giant leap for mankind

ReplyQuote
Tsuga
(@tsuga)
Junior Registered

@southern-psu-fan: Just as an aside, and maybe it's already been discussed I dont know; But I didnt see anything from Oweh this year at all.  I keep reading that he has "potential".  Hell I got the potential to get laid tonite but I know it aint gonna amount to anything.

ReplyQuote

Forum Titan
(@forum-titan)
Junior Registered

Just my 2 cents.  Maybe Franklin asked all the players that signed the portal to come back.  

ReplyQuote
roaminglion
(@roaminglion)

Posted by: @tsuga

@southern-psu-fan: Just as an aside, and maybe it's already been discussed I dont know; But I didnt see anything from Oweh this year at all.  I keep reading that he has "potential".  Hell I got the potential to get laid tonite but I know it aint gonna amount to anything.

Same, everything about him seemed to be about potential pass rush ability... yet it only manifested in obvious pass rush downs. His run defense was bad.

ReplyQuote

PSU61
(@psu61)
Freshman Registered

Posted by: @roaminglion

I disagree, I don't think a kid is going to turn down the NFL just because they hired a new OC that they don't know.

Sometimes folks just want to get out of Dodge and when a new face shows up and maybe has an honest discussion, it is impressionable. IMO there isnt a player on the team that is NFL ready to make an impact. I didn't say there isnt one who wont be drafted and get a pay check. MP played one year basically, come back in three years and lets see where is at; I wish him well and hope he does well but reality and probability are two different things. I will also say, guaranteed paycheck vs injury, well hard to argue that bird in hand. 

ReplyQuote
Southern psu fan
(@southern-psu-fan)

@psu61. We didn’t  have a DE on the team as good as Aaron Maybin  or Maurice Evens and they both struggled in the NFL and them 2 dudes were college football studs. NFL is a brutal league. Most of these guys leave way to early 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Southern psu fan

Bob Kozak liked
ReplyQuote

roaminglion
(@roaminglion)

Posted by: @roaminglion

Sometimes folks just want to get out of Dodge and when a new face shows up and maybe has an honest discussion, it is impressionable. IMO there isnt a player on the team that is NFL ready to make an impact. I didn't say there isnt one who wont be drafted and get a pay check. MP played one year basically, come back in three years and lets see where is at; I wish him well and hope he does well but reality and probability are two different things. I will also say, guaranteed paycheck vs injury, well hard to argue that bird in hand. 

I agree with that, all I was saying was I don't think Dotson or any of the lineman came back because of Yurcich. I believe they were all coming back regardless. Just my opinion though.

ReplyQuote
Share: