Sec
Notifications
Clear all

Scouting Grad Transfer DT Derrick Tangelo

Nitwit248
(@nitwit248)
Redshirt Freshman Registered
Topic starter  

https://fortheblogy.com/pwn-the-portal-grad-transfer-dt-derrick-tangelo/#more-670

Posted a few of these in the past on the Temple and South Carolina transfer. They do a good job incorporating actual game clips in the article. Wish more sites would do that. Anyway, this one is on Duke DT transfer Derrick Tangelo.

Interesting player comp made in the article to Kevin Givens. If Tangelo is even just a B+ Kevin Givens, then I think its an upgrade over Shelton. I think people forget that Shelton's semi-breakout last season was definitely aided by OC's concerns with PJ...who was double-team a bunch. I also found it interesting how they claimed Franklin had a "type" when choosing players from the portal -- lower ranked overachievers rather than highly-ranked underachievers (Slade, Shorter). The 2016 and 2017 teams were well-represented with the former -- Marcus Allen, Jason Cabinda, etc. Hoping some of these transfers bring with them the same type of energy and "culture" as those from Franklin's first two recruiting classes.

Share: