Sec
Notifications
Clear all

OC  

Page 2 / 2

Been There II
(@been-there-ii)
Junior Registered

@tsuga Speaking of aging classics; What's the difference between egg salad and chicken salad?

Time

Ok, I'll just quietly slide out now and go make like a wood chuck and get some wood in.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Been There II

ReplyQuote
Tsuga
(@tsuga)
Junior Registered

@been-there-ii: We're too old to have our wood anywhere but in our pants. Remember: "Keep your timber limber and you'll be a hard man to beat".

ReplyQuote

Been There II
(@been-there-ii)
Junior Registered

@tsuga haha "The Kid" musta stole that phrase from you while you were out hunting a few weeks back. (gotta watch 'em every minute!) On the flip side, my theory is, soft wood is better than no wood when you're trying to keep warm!

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Been There II

ReplyQuote
Tsuga
(@tsuga)
Junior Registered

@been-there-ii: He swiped that from me?? I may have mentioned that one to he and his brother a time or two. 

Nice to see that the next generation pays attention!!

Stealing my one liners and using them as your own is a foul.....no matter who you are.

ReplyQuote

Been There II
(@been-there-ii)
Junior Registered

@tsuga Especially if ya get caught!

ReplyQuote
ThePAkid
(@thepakid)
Freshman Registered

@been-there-ii: Mr BT, In my defense, my brother and I must have heard that one a hundred times while growing up.  Heck, he even said that to me the evening of my prom, while my date was right there beside me. She and I never went out again.  I vividly remember him telling my wife and I at our reception to "Make sure all your ups and downs are between the sheets" AND to "make sure we liked the whole thing about marriage" then he turned to me and said "make sure you like the hole" and he looked at my bride and said "and make sure you like the thing". And he doesnt really care who's there to hear him when he says it.

When my wife was about 6 months pregnant with our first son he asked her If I tried to kiss the baby yet.

So what I'm trying to say is, I get this crap honestly.  I've heard these lines so many times in my life that i feel I'm somewhat expected to pass them on.

This memory just came back to me.  One time at one of my youth wrestling tournaments, grandpa was asked to be the announcer.  During the playing of the National Anthem, he noticed two guys talking and not facing the flag.  At the end of the and of the Anthem, he got on the mic and called them out and had us all rise again to play the Anthem once more.  Then, one of those two men wouldnt take his hat off, so once again, he called them out on the mic and we stood once more for the NA.  By this time, most people in the gym were looking at these two gents to see if they complied and we could all move on. But, 3/4 of the way thru the NA, the dude put his hat back on. So the old man ripped him a new one via the gym's sound system and even the other fans were starting to bust on these two guys.  Once again, we had to stand for the NA but this time; the old man climbed the bleachers and stood beside them while the NA played. The look on their faces as he flew up the steps was priceless.  He shook both their hands at the end of the NA and made sure the workers in the concession stand put any food they ate that day on his tab.  The old man was never asked to emcee one of our wrestling matches again.  I'm sharing that with you cause I want you to know the old fart does have a serious side to him.

ReplyQuote

lakerie
(@lakerie)
Sophomore Registered

@thepakid

Great story kid. Everybody needs to have a grandpa (or a friend ) like yours. 

Does your wife talk to your brother?

ReplyQuote
lakerie
(@lakerie)
Sophomore Registered

@thepakid

kid, from what I read in your post you might want to sign up for Dr. Rick seminars.

ReplyQuote

ThePAkid
(@thepakid)
Freshman Registered

@lakerie: Yeah, my wife talks to my brother.  She pretty much follows my grandma's lead and ignores my grandfather or just gives it right back to him.  

ReplyQuote
ThePAkid
(@thepakid)
Freshman Registered

Posted by: @lakerie

@thepakid

kid, from what I read in your post you might want to sign up for Dr. Rick seminars.

It's my understanding that our family is in talks with Dr Phil!!!  Bummer about the wrestling team.  It is indeed Coach's youngest team.  Gonna be tough on them if they're not getting any mat time.  Nats could be tricky......if there's a tournament at all.  I'm pretty biased but I think if this team could get some live wrestling in between now and March, we're gonna be tough to beat.  

lakerie liked
ReplyQuote

Page 2 / 2
Share: